Webinar: Coronavirus preparedness – What are the mental health implications?
09 July 2020
This webinar focused on the impact of the coronavirus on mental health in the US. The speakers discussed increases in anxiety as well as give general advice for self-care and advice for LGBTQ youth on coping with stress during the COVID-19 crisis. This webinar is intended for patient advocacy group representatives, patients, caregivers, and other stakeholders interested in learning more on how to protect their own mental health as well as those in their care.
- Welcome — Marc Boutin, JD, CEO, National Health Council
- Anxiety & COVID-19 – Paul Gionfriddo, President & CEO, Mental Health America
- Self-Care Resources – Dawn Brown, Director, Information and Engagement Services, National Alliance on Mental Illness
- How LGBTQ Youth Can Cope with Stress and Anxiety During COVID-19 – Tia Dole, PhD, Chief Clinical Operations Officer, The Trevor Project
- Open discussion moderated by Marc Boutin
Watch the recording using the button below or view the slides here.